SUNBURN PREVENTION & TREATMENT
PREVENTING A SUNBURN
• Find a sunscreen you like and reapply often – share with others!
• SPF 30-50: Look for zinc oxide ingredient.
• Find shade whenever possible.
• UV Protection clothing is awesome – hats, shirts, scarfs, pants, etc.
TREATING A SUNBURN
• Act Fast – At the first sign of a sunburn.
• Cool the skin down with cool compresses.
• Moisturize skin with aloe and/or green tea.
• Drink plenty of water and fluids such as sports drinks.
• Utilize nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (ibuprofen) over the counter.
• Consume antioxidants through fruits, vegetables and vitamins.
• Call Velum Skin & Laser Center if you need help.
Velum Skin & Laser Center has hydrating facials and other topical creams that will help lessen the damage. Your skin will heal, but sunburns last forever!
Call Velum Skin & Laser Center and see Dr. Cheryl S Cook (406) 656-1244